How does indulging in your favourite deep-fried foods without the guilt sound? With more people trying to lead active lifestyles, air fryers are on top of the kitchen essentials list when it comes to cooking healthier meals for the family.
Besides having a lower fat content than regular deep-fried items, dishes made in an air fryer are also up to 70 to 80% lower in calories! Plus with a range of baking, grilling, roasting, and more functions, the recipe options are endless.
Read on for two of our most-loved recipes – Spicy Korean Chicken Wings and Cheesy Onion Rings, or watch the video here.
Spicy Korean Chicken Wings
Who doesn’t love Korean fried chicken? Glazed with a spicy and tangy sauce, this delectable finger food is great for any time of the day and only needs a handful of ingredients. Making this in an air fryer not only allows you to use little-to-no oil, but makes cleaning up a breeze too – say goodbye to oily stovetops and greasy build-ups! For better infusion of flavours, leave the chicken wings to marinate overnight.
For the sauce:
1. Marinade the wings by mixing them with oil, cornstarch, plus salt and pepper (to taste). Set aside for 15-20 minutes.
2. Place the wings in the air fryer and cook at 180°C for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
3. For the sauce, mix ketchup, gochujang, honey, sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and garlic.
4. Once the wings are ready, coat well with sauce.
5. Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds (optional). Voila!
Cheesy Onion Rings
Perfect as an appetiser, side dish or a tea-time snack, onion rings need no introduction. This version of cheesy ones is a game-changer and turns out deliciously crisp every time! For best results, air fry the rings in batches and spritz some cooking spray to help it get that deep golden colour.
1. Peel and slice onions into 1 centimetre rings, and separate the pieces.
2. Line the inside of a large onion ring with mozzarella strips, then place a smaller onion ring in the centre.
3. Place flour, eggs and breadcrumbs into 3 separate bowls. Coat each ring in flour, egg and then breadcrumbs, before going back for a second round of egg wash and breadcrumbs.
4. Place in the air fryer and cook at 180°C for 20 minutes.
5. Once golden brown, serve with your sauce of choice, yum!
Choosing an air fryer is highly dependent on the size of your family and the key functions you require. If you prefer one with a large capacity, Mayer’s 8L Mighty Air Fryer and 8.5L Air Fryer are ideal. Featuring adjustable temperatures and timers, these handy appliances come with roomy baskets that can be easily washed and maintained.
Alternatively, if you’re looking for something with a sleek design, consider Mayer’s Digital Air Fryers. Coming in two sizes – 3.5L and 5.5L, its futuristic exterior boasts a sensor touch control panel. Plus, with seven pre-set functions for baking, frying, roasting and more, you’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes to trying out new and creative recipes.
Explore our wide range of top-notch and highly functional air fryers, and enjoy FREE DELIVERY, when you shop on Frasers eStore.
Air fryers are truly a handy kitchen gadget that allows you to save time on cooking and cleaning. With our extensive range, it’s easy to put together a mouth-watering, hearty and healthy meal at home without compromising on that crispy and crunchy texture! Be sure to try these irresistible recipes that will definitely become a staple in your home. Keep your eyes peeled for more recipe ideas coming your way!